This map answers one of the big questions I had about GW2: how do the old and new locations correspond? The geography has changed so much—Orr rising out of the ocean, the flooding of southern Kryta, and Maguuma becoming a desert—that it was tough to get my bearings. This map removes all the ambiguity.
Also, you see that purple streak that runs from the desert up into Ascalon? That’s the Dragonbrand, and the lore nerd in me was happy to see it as a prominent terrain feature on the world map.
Courtesy of That Shaman on Reddit, the above is an incredible map overlapping the GW2 world with all known Tyria locations in the original Guild Wars. I found it amazing how ‘true to form’ it really is
What a cool idea! This is really neat to see!
- soul-step-gaming likes this
- tyriaunited reblogged this from whitecharr
- light-waves likes this
- nickytwothumbs likes this
- danceshadow reblogged this from pewpewqq and added:
- zehngames reblogged this from maleficincantations
- thegooddoctorguillotine likes this
- guyswearingcatears likes this
- thelionwithbraces reblogged this from pewpewqq
- maleficincantations reblogged this from whitecharr and added:
- maleficincantations likes this
- vidalsasino reblogged this from pewpewqq
- owligator likes this
- whitecharr reblogged this from pewpewqq and added:
- whitecharr likes this
- kilabytes likes this
- anoia likes this
- cesontdesmots likes this
- kellycdb likes this
- pewpewqq posted this